Home

Sunday, March 22, 2009

H U N K Y J E S U S C O N T E S T B U D G E T

I have to restrain myself from spending too much money on my costume for the upcoming contest. Already I bought a plush Dalmatian slap bracelet at Walgreen's and it broke. I'll have to wear the Cinnabon and the houndstooth/pirate flag snap bracelets instead. The other iems I'll procure from the Dollar Store as Salty suggests except for a trip to the fabric store and perhaps Siegels for a leopardskin zoot suit .

Regarding past holiday financial disasters - while I was with my ex we went out on Halloween as Charlie McCarthy and Miss Ellie. He (Ellie) spent about 5 dollars and looked great. I spent 100.
Wat, honey, I assure you that is a Cinnabon.

Miss Ellie was, of course, the late Barbara Bel Geddes, daughter of the futuristic auto designer. It is perhaps no coincidence that in Vertigo Midge drives a Karmann Ghia, "the Volkswagen in a cocktail dress," designed by another forward thinking designer Ghia. When Johnny-O becomes obsessive-compulsive around the Jaguar-driving (thank you Junk Thief for the research) Madelaine then Midge goes Hedda Gabler on him - not with a piano but a self portrait. Midge is an industrial designer working on a bra "based on the principles of the cantilevered bridge."

1 comment:

Salty Miss Jill said...

You will post a photo of your creation? And you in it?