Home

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

All trumpets played by Herb Alpert



Whilst looking at a photos by Avedon at the SFMOMA on Sunday, I remarked to Junk Thief that I was reminded of Herb Alpert by Leibovitz on the cover of Blow Your Own Horn. Herb has no shirt on and there is a glistening drop of saliva just about to fall from the mouthpiece of the brass instrument that he caresses in his hands. Avedon caught people off-guard and Leibovitz shewed their blemishes. I still wouldn't mind sleeping with Herb or the Tijuana Brass. Herb looks like a cross between Tom Jones (yum) and Ricardo Montelban the Latin actor Junk Thief immortalized in a Cordoba pastiche. I'm putting Herb on my IPOD pulling on an IZOD and heading to a rich Corinthian leather bar!

1 comment:

LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

I'd pepper spray you if you took Herb Alpert away from me!