Home

Monday, August 24, 2009

Egg on my face

Good evening all. Thought I'd pop my head in for a minute. Yesterday I left my my-oh-my tower up the winding street from the art deco building of Dark Passage and trudged down the hill's steep wooden stairs to meet friends in the design district for brunch at an Indian restaurant, the Mahabharata. It is decorated with drawings of temple sculpture. My friend Bob was with his latest, a biker from Placerville.

"Placer-ville!" I exclaimed, "Rimbaud was born in Charleville."

"Is that in the Sierras?" The biker asked.

"No," I sneered, "it's near the Belgian border."

The conversation switched to the Mahabharata and Phillipe Stark. No one seemed to have seen the nine-hour stage production nor played the video game. The biker, who was sort of a male version of Eliza Doolittle, seemed perfectly happy wolfing down his Tandoori chicken. Read the amazing and absolutely true story of Tandoori here.

3 comments:

LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

My favorite dish at Frijtz is their Pommes de Charle which they claim is the signature dish of Charleville

Bryce Digdug said...

Well Charleville is near Belgium, the land of Frijtz, bivalves, and the Atomium.

Steve said...

Those Belgians, with all their consonants. No wonder they drink so much beer.