Home

Monday, February 23, 2009

Mardi Gras
















I was rototilling the terraces of my garden when it began to rain so I hid in the barn. To kill time I decided to use the Julian calendar nailed to the wall to figure out when Easter falls this year. It has been falling earlier and earlier each year, in fact this year it falls before last year's Easter so I missed Mardi Gras! I attribute this back luck time warp to a float of a Toby Mug in the 2007 Mardi Gras. Toby Mugs are one of my top ten phobias, in fact they are No. 2., right after piano scarves. However, if any readers of this blog own a piano keyboard scarf you are granted a plenary indulgence.
Many photos by doctorwho on flick creative commons. Photo of basset hound by Bryce Digdug (c) 2007.





2 comments:

LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

I love the basset. Now that have had three hounds (beagle, basset, basenji), I can confirm that bassets are the biggest drag queens of the hound group.

Though not hounds, shiba inus have been the name source of drag queens from Tokyo to Topeka to Timbuktu.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

i am in complete agreement on those toby mugs....they are frightening. i'm afraid if i saw a giant one like that float i would have nightmares for weeks.

i haven't thought of those awful mugs in forever (thank you very much) but years ago 16 to be precise, i went to the house of a retiring secretary at an organization i was the room we were all in had shelves and shelves of these horrid mugs....it was all i could do not to run screaming from the place!

junk needs to get a blood hound one day....